Sunday, October 9, 2011

Big Ideas, Little Time

It's been a crazy week. I've accepted two new freelance(ish) jobs and am also trying to get my Halloween and book projects done. I have so many irons in the fire that it's hard to feel a sense of accomplishment, but I just keep reminding myself about the progress I've made:

1. New bus shirts coming soon! I'm so excited. I've just restocked my shirt supplies and tomorrow night I'll make my first screenprinted bus shirts. I can't wait. I think I've come up with a design that stays true to my original, handpainted style, but also makes the letters clear without giving me carpal tunnel.

2. Self-publishing my picture books. This is a strange garden path I've wandered down. I wrote a book about each of our cats, Taco and Pickle, in part because LG loves to read books, in part because I love bookbinding. It's turned into a larger-than-expected mess because I need to have excellent print-outs and because I want to have it available on our iPod. This would be an easy process if they weren't picture books because having your book layout as a two-page spread on an iPod requires some serious coding. Wish me luck!

3. Yarns n stuff. I'm working on crocheting Halloween-inspired leis for my cats. It's trickier than you might think. For a decorative item, is it worth having break-away hardware for the cat's safety? Or will that mean the prospective owners are more likely to use the lei as a collar?

4. Sewing. I'm a no-sewer, but Halloween is a big motivator. Pics of my fabric pumpkins are coming soon. I love them, but are they good enough to sell?

1 comment:

  1. I love the pumpkins you've been doing. I'm really looking forward to seeing your silk screened t-shirts.

    ReplyDelete